Thursday, January 12, 2012

And we begin...

So, the introduction post. These always seem to be harder to start than the rest, and more irrelevant to the actual blog as it grows. Oh well, I'll just start saying the basics about myself.

I'm a 19 year old girl from California. I've lived in Sacramento my entire life, apart from my young childhood. I spent that part of my life in Palmdale, until my parents divorced. My mom moved with me and my older brother, Billy, to Elk Grove and never left. I don't want to anymore. I love my life here.
I have an incredible boyfriend named Patrick who I would do anything for. We have so much fun together; always joking around and laughing. I live with my mom, step-dad, Dave, and my 4 siblings; Matt, Ian, and Katie (Dave's kids) to add onto my biological brother already mentioned. We have a very loud household, and all of us are rarely in the same place.
I also spend a lot of time with Patrick's family who I love. He lives with his parents, and two sisters. They're so much fun, always very welcoming, and they are always planning or going on trips. :) I have two pet cats, 5 year old Kitty, and 16 year old Gus. Last year I had a very beloved cat named Biggie, but he mysteriously died last August. I mention this because I'll probably mention him in the blog. He was very dear to me, and was exactly a year old when he died. I've had time to move on, but it was a really premature death and I've never really had to cope with something like that before.
More recently I've started an herbal garden so I can make my own tea. I've never had much of a green thumb, so I wanted to try and improve upon that for my New Years resolution. Besides that I like decorating, driving my little PT Cruiser 'Bonnie', hanging out with nice, laid back people, and watching Modern Family. :) Oh, and of course I should mention The Bachelor! My mom, our close family friend Mrs. Blaney, Mrs. B's sons girlfriend Megan, my younger sister Katie and myself all get together on Monday nights and have trash TV night, watching the Bachelor in the winter and the Bachelorette in the summer. I probably won't talk about that too much, but I sometimes (not proud) I get into it. :P I start my fall semester for school next week and finally have some 'real' core classes, thank goodness. In the future I'd like to go to culinary school to become a Chef, after I get a Bachelor's degree in...business, I think. I haven't settled that yet. I also start nannying for a wonderful family once a week. They have GREAT kids, a 4 year old girl, 2 year old boy, and about 15 month year old baby boy. They're a lot of fun. :) I'm so excited about this year. I really am a terribly shy person, terrified of change and the unknown, but this year I'm not letting myself be held back!
More pictures later, and less reading. Pictures are better. I'm not going to say I'm some "photographer" or anything because my skill doesn't come anywhere close to the professionals, and the social network sites have completely destroyed that professions reputation. However, I do love pictures of my loved ones, favorite things, and pretty (or pretty unique) places/items. Whatever. You'll (whoever you are, probably usually just myself, haha) get it as I post.


1 comment:

  1. Sorry I got so bent out of shape about the way everything always ended. It took me horrendously too long to remember how to enjoy the journey along the way. Because that's really the special part. ^.^ Haha, I just needed to open my eyes to realize I had it all. Anyways, everything we did together Cassie, those were the best days ever for me. I lost sight of that, and i must have put you through hell and back. I'm horribly sorry, I can't thank you enough for putting me back on track. Thank you for some of the best days of my life, and for giving me a taste of what's out there. I won't settle for anything less, and I hope you don't either. Best of wishes with your career/schooling! you really can do anything, just put in the dedication and have a positive attitude. You're capable of so, so much! = ]

    -patrick

    ReplyDelete